Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions? I think not!

Ok so its that time of year again to evaluate our lives, list all the things that we don’t like about ourselves and want to change, and make a big list that will be 10% accomplished. Yep…New Years resolutions. I was thinking about this and I of course thought of all the things that I wanted to do and was excited at the prospect of losing weight, traveling more, being more active…etc, etc. But when I sat down to write them all down on a fancy piece of paper to put up on my mirror I thought…nah! Whats the point?! I came across this video and it was my thoughts exactly! So I am making a resolution to not make resolutions. I am just going to live out this year and do everything that I can to just be happy with myself and not beat myself up for not losing that 20 pounds, not going around the world and so on. I am just going to go with the flow and do what makes me happy at the moment and what will best help me in the future. I don’t know what this new year is going to bring to me, but I am excited to find out! As one of my favorite quotes says…”Why does it always have to be about the destination?? Why can’t it be about the journey!?”

No comments:

Post a Comment